Saturday 10 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 8 - (Two Poems) Lamp, D. and Sufferer, C.

NaPoWriMo Day 8 poems, written on, err, Day 10.  The prompt was to write a monologue from a dead person.  


(Disclaimer Note: I appreciate that to some people the timing of this may seem insensitive in light of the recent passing of HRH Prince Philip.  That is not my intention.  Neither poem is about him or any member of the Royal Family).


Returning to the prompt, the first attempt turned out a little different to what was being asked...



Lamp, D.


I feel and give thanks 

for your gratitude

about how I 

illuminated your lives

just for a little while.


Don’t be upset,

there will be others

giving brightness.

Please never forget

to be gentle with them

show a little affection

and most of all,

change the bulbs regularly.



The second attempt was a bit closer to the prompt...



Sufferer, C.


It’s beautiful here, 

wherever that may be.

All pain shed with the physical skin

I’ve gone from endless suffering

to ethereal eternity, purest joy.

I don’t know how long it’s been

or was, that I lived with you

feeling your touch and love.


But do not mourn the loss

just celebrate the goodness

for I’m aware that my life 

was nondescript, uneventful.

Just a wife, mother, statistic,

yet I recall that time when we

went there, did that, and then,

well, we know what happened.


Months of nothingness.

Intermittent consciousness.

Then gratefully released.

But now I am fading 

into vapours and

just want to say

it was an accident,

and you are - 

-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summertime Lethargy

Hello there! I've been feeling a bit frazzled with all the recent hot weather here. The stuffy heat is not good for a small badger of ve...