Saturday 10 April 2021

NaPoWriMo - Day 9 - ProcrastinClaus

Day 9 poem written on Day 10 - so almost catching up!


The prompt was to do a to do list - for an unusual person or character.  I could’ve used my own list, but the Internet can only support so much cheese content before it collapses into itself.  Well, that’s according to string cheese theory.


Anyway, back to the poetry!



ProcrastinClaus


Written out like decks of cards

all shuffled, stacked against the wall.

billions of them needing sorting

into naughty and nice.


I should’ve started it at New Year

but other stuff gets in the way.

The annual sleigh certification

for every nation does takes time.


Then the elves need ticking off.

Not for being bad, just the usual

meetings, appraisals, planning.

They are such tough negotiators.


After that, there is the reindeers

each getting their veterinary checks,

and that’s before I even can start

on the candy cane safety training.


I think I'll sort out the decorations first.

Put them away for a few weeks.

Then perhaps take a little break,

just for a short while. A few days.


Or maybe not.  It’s overwhelming.

So I will just add some notes

onto my to do list.  Perhaps.

That’ll be enough for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Summertime Lethargy

Hello there! I've been feeling a bit frazzled with all the recent hot weather here. The stuffy heat is not good for a small badger of ve...