Saturday 1 May 2021

Serenity Improved

Hello there!

It's been a while since I shared some virtual doodling along with appropriate mental noodling.

It was an edition entitled 'Serenity' on BBC iPlayer. A lovely backlit forest scene. Peace, tranquility, the aura of calm and suchlike. 

I think my effort came out just a tad too bright. It wasn't serene, more like retina searing white light.  The kind that can damage your eyes or fix them. I can never remember which.


'Shades required due to the lack of shade in this image.'

I wasn't sure what to make of it.  I was half-expecting some aliens to then turn up.  And then they did.  

'Take us to your happy little world.'

Now it was slightly better.  But I wasn't sure if I was slightly missing the point.   It had lost a tiny bit of tranquility due to the aliens.  

Not that it was the fault of the aliens.  Who wouldn't want to have a little downtime on a cool day by a forest stream. It sure beats the searing heat of Venus.

Still dissatisfied, I then decided to try a more rational approach:

  1. The scenery looks ok.
  2. The lighting looks like an atomic blast in a really bad old science-fiction film.  
  3. The aliens look like they are from the same really bad science-fiction film referred to in 2 above.

That didn't help either, so after some dithering I decided to add something else to the scene:

'Trees need friends.  We are friends of this tree.'

Now that is much better.  It still needs some work, but it might be salvageable as a moonlit scene.  

It also reminded me of the person who added their cat to famous artworks.  Someone needs to do the same, but with badgers this time.  

Cheerio for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summertime Lethargy

Hello there! I've been feeling a bit frazzled with all the recent hot weather here. The stuffy heat is not good for a small badger of ve...