Monday 3 May 2021

100 Miles in May for Mind Day 3

Hello there!

This post begins with a useful tip for boat owners.

Always check the roof of your boat for Grey Herons before casting off:

100 Miles in May for Mind Day 3


And now for today's walk, which was another morning walk.

This was because after a few weeks of mainly bright and cold weather, rain and strong winds was forecasted for later today. 

Because it is a Bank Holiday here. 

I don't need to say any more than that.

Today's walk was heading out of town, along a Fen Drove, then back into town near the river.

And in addition to seeing the Grey Heron pretending to be a statue, I also saw my first Speckled Wood butterfly of the year, and a Kingfisher. 

I also heard a Nightingale, the first I've heard for quite a few years.  And certainly the first I've heard since living in the Fens.

Stats:

  • Today's total: 5.6 miles
  • Running Walking total: 15.6 miles
  • Remaining distance: 84.4 miles
  • Average daily distance 5.2 miles 
  • Number of days left: 28
  • Average distance per day to get to 100 miles: 3 miles

Cheerio for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summertime Lethargy

Hello there! I've been feeling a bit frazzled with all the recent hot weather here. The stuffy heat is not good for a small badger of ve...