Friday 2 April 2021

NaPoWriMo Day 2 - Thorny Branches

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 2 - Considering what would have happened, if I chose the road less taken.  Or another path.


Thorny Branches


Fork one.  Bean manager 

For those with vastly more

than I could ever envy.


Trained in suit-speak

Doormat back scuffed and

Broken under weeping grimace.


Fork two.  Wage slave

My headset cutting the skull

Repeat script until death.


Choppy waters of dialogue

As a persistent target

Watched with axe swinging.


Fork three.  That night

When love wanted me

And I ran away scared.


Deep romantic notions

Of fairytales and bliss

In possible futures.


But all that I have now

Is a shredded map

And torn hands


Filled with bloody thorns

From wrenching my mind

Out of each twisting branch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Summertime Lethargy

Hello there! I've been feeling a bit frazzled with all the recent hot weather here. The stuffy heat is not good for a small badger of ve...